Monday, January 4, 2010

longhorns!

As Texans, I thought it only appropriate that I make University of Texas shirts for all my nieces and nephews for Christmas. This was my first time using a sewing machine for anything more than to fix a hem since 7th grade! I think they turned out rather well!
I did them all on white shirts except one. I had an amazingly hard time trying to find a plain white, no pocket, girl's t-shirt in 2T. alas, off-white looks pretty good too!

First, I attached the fabric to wonder under, then traced the longhorn (I had about 4 different sizes depending on the age of the kiddo and I finally had an excuse to buy a light-desk), then I cut it out (wow... I never realized how curvy a longhorn is!), then ironed it on the shirt and lastly, I sewed around the edge with a zig zag stitch (again with the curves!)

Did I mention I have 17 nieces and nephews!?!?

I see many, many more applique t-shirts in my future! (I need to buy a sewing machine first! Thanks to r for letting me borrow hers!)

1 comment:

  1. They turned out so good! I may be stealing this idea...

    And you're very welcome :)

    ReplyDelete