Monday, November 30, 2009

pilgrim hats

Someone at church brought these as a yummy snack the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I decided they looked easy enough and made them for my students as a treat before the Thanksgiving break!
step 1: lay fudge stripe cookies on parchment paper

step 2: melt chocolate chips in the micro


step 3: using a fork, dip big marshmallows in melted chocolate and just plop down on cookies.


step 4: you could do this a number of ways. I didn't want to get my hand dirty while dipping the marshmallows, so I used a ziploc bag as a piping bag and gave each marshmallow a dollop of chocolate on top.


step 5: pipe a buckle. the lady at church used yellow, which I couldn't find. I used orange on a few and then b-hick told me it look funny (i agreed) and so I left the rest un-piped!


step 6: marvel at their beauty
step 7: enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I like the marshmellow idea. I did something similar for thanksgiving at our house this year but I used little reece's pieces cups instead and chiclets for the buckle clip thing. This post makes me hungry:)

    ReplyDelete